The automotive industry is advancing at an exponential rate, and seemingly more and more new technologies are being brought to the table. Honda’s awe-inspiring and industry-leading Honda Sensing driver assistance system is one of those innovations that will make you believe the future is now. Honda Sensing includes a variety of onboard programs to help keep you and all your passengers safer than ever before. This includes:
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) alerts you when you’re straying out of your detected lane so that you can correct your course.
- The Lane Keeping Assist System gently guides you back into your lane when you begin to drift.
- Road Departure Mitigation keeps you from straying off the pavement when you’re traveling at speeds between 64-144 km/h by detecting differing vibrations caused by changing surfaces.
- Adaptive Cruise Control assists you in keeping your speed, but also helps you keep a set distance between yourself and other cars.
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) uses a small, front-mounted camera to detect the location of vehicles in front of you and brings up audio and visual alerts if you’re at risk of a collision.
- Honda’s awesome Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) is integrated with the FCW system. Using a millimeter wave radar sensor, CMBS assists in stopping your vehicle if it identifies an unavoidable forward collision.